Wednesday, February 9, 2011

38 weeks

I'm at my gma's because we don't have internet and Billy had to work since JB Hunt never closes. We left our house this morning at 7 to make the trip to Tontitown. What were we thinkin?! We made it to the Johnson on ramp, got on the bypass and we're stuck for about 45 min :) My car would not budge. Thankfully, 2 nice guys pushed my car and we made it to Harps where my brother was going to pick us up & take us to my gma's. Well, we couldn't park anywhere because the snow was so deep, so we decided to cross the road & park at the gas station. We got stuck again, in the middle of the road, and there was absolutely nothing anyone could do to help us. Billy called my uncle and he came to tow my car so we didn't have to leave it in the middle of the road. I had to use the restroom cause I'm 38 weeks pregnant and had been holding it in for a good hour, and I almost busted it in the parking lot. I come back to my car, which is still in the middle of the road, and as I get there Billy, my uncle and his friend are hooking up my car to be towed. Praise Jesus they were able to pull it in the parking lot, but I thought they were going to move it a few feet, let me climb in the car and then haul it to the parking lot. Ha poor guys were in the truck and couldn't see me because it was snowing so hard and pulled it down the road and across the parking lot and I was stuck in the middle of the road with traffic on both sides of me :) I got a nice workout trecking through almost 2 feet of snow, in my rainboots, and a big ole belly. It takes 20 min to get to my gma's from our house and we arrived 3 hours later. We were both starving because we didn't have time to eat breakfast before we left the house. Needless to say, it's been an eventful morning.

I took my 38 week picture but forgot my camera this morning to post it, so it may be a few days before I can. I had a doc appt yesterday- I'm 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. He could feel her head and said she's still in the right position for labor :) I almost asked if he could feel hair ha He said if I deliver now, she'd be around 6 lbs 5 oz. Lets hope I don't go into labor any time soon because I would be having a home birth & I'm not sure I'm up for that challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment